500g lean beef mince
2 Tablespoons chopped flat leaf parsley
1 small carrot, peeled and grated
1 medium onion, finely chopped
2 garlic cloves, finely chopped
1 x 400g can cherry tomatoes (or crushed tomatoes)
1 large zucchini, diced
¼ cup pitted Kalamata olives
1/3 cup fresh ricotta
500g potatoes, peeled (opt) and chopped
¼ cup milk
2 bunches broccolini (or 1 head broccoli, cut into florets
- Preheat oven to 180C. Spray a large flat ovenproof dish lightly with oil.
- Combine mince, parsley and carrot in a bowl. Shape mixture into 12 large meatballs, (about 2 tablespoons each).
- Spray a large non-stick pan with oil and set over a high heat. Cook the meatballs for 3 – 4 minutes until browned on the outside (they will not be fully cooked yet) Transfer to baking dish.
- Spray same pan with a little more oil and saute onion for a couple of minutes or until softened. Add garlic and cook for 1 minute, stirring. Add tomatoes, zucchini, olives and ½ cup water and bring pan to the boil. Reduce heat and simmer for 8 – 10 minutes or until slightly thickened.
- Carefully pour the mixture over the meatballs and dot with ricotta. Bake for 20 minutes or until bubbling.
- In the mean time, boil potatoes until tender. Strain and mash with the milk.
- Steam broccoli or broccolini
- Serve meatballs with mash and the steamed broccolini.